Thursday, September 23, 2010

Ramblings

It’s Fall already? Wow. Where does the time go? This is not my favorite time of year. I used to enjoy it, but family troubles over the last few years have led me to honestly despise the end of the year. After my mom and stepdad retired, they moved out of state. (Oh how I long for the day I can move out of California.) Holidays like Easter, Thanksgiving, and Christmas, just aren’t the same. I have no relationship with my father (and you read the reason why in #5 here), and LZ typically spends her holidays with Squid’s family.

Halloween: Probably the stupidest day of the year. I hated it as a kid, I hated it when RJ was real little, and I hate it today. There’s nothing exciting (to me), about my doorbell ringing over and over and over, listening to the dogs bark, and giving out handfuls of candy to kids who will inhale it before the end of the week. I’ve never liked carving pumpkins, because frankly, I’m just not an artist. My lines are always crooked, and it just never looks right. Although I do have to admit, candy corn is one of the few candies I eat.

Thanksgiving: This happens to also be the day before my birthday. Last year I spent Thanksgiving with some old family friends. I will probably end up going there again, and I’m grateful I have that opportunity. I love pigging out on turkey, mashed potatoes, and cranberry sauce. I do not like stuffing, so please don’t bring the leftovers to my house the next day. I will throw it out. However, if you bring me a pumpkin pie, I’ll be your friend forever!!

Christmas: Last year my bosses paid for me to go see my mom and stepdad for two weeks. Thank you PC and KM. This year that won’t happen, but I am hoping to at least be able to see RJ. *fingers crossed*  I haven’t been able to spend a Christmas with him in five years, and as a mother, that’s one of the worst feelings. I miss him terribly. I get so sad when I think about the years I’ve missed watching him open presents on Christmas morning, or on helping to pick out a tree. But I’m learning to let all that go and live in the present. What happened is in the past, and all I can do from here on out is make things right.

 

I tried to create a “blog button”, but let me tell you, that’s just something I can’t seem to figure out. I’ve come to the conclusion that I just don’t need one. I’ll leave the cool buttons to the people that actually need them. :-)

I knew this post would be just a bunch of rambling, and I was right. It was. Nothing of importance, just a bunch of stuff I guess I needed to blurt out. That happens every once in a while.

Until next time…

No comments:

Post a Comment