Sunday, February 20, 2011

Back pain

Back pain. One of the most annoying and debilitating pains.

A few days ago, a sharp pain entered my back with a strong force. I don’t know where it came from, what caused it, or how to get rid of, but it’s been nothing but a nuisance. I can’t stand up straight while I walk, I sit different in my car, and sleeping in difficult.

I’ve been taking Ibuprofen like a mad woman, but not once have I felt it relieve any of the pain. I have a very weak stomach when it comes to taking Vicodin or Darvocet, so my pain relief options are limited. SQUID tells me to lay down flat on my back and pull my knees to my chest one at a time. Yeah right! I know exactly what that will feel like, and “OUCH!” is what I can say to that.

I’m not sure how long this pain will last, but I hope it doesn’t last long. It prevents me from doing lots of things I’m used to doing, and my laundry basket won’t pick up itself.

Anyone have any ideas? I’m a big wuss when it comes to pain, so this is almost crippling.

2 comments:

  1. I have a high pain tolerance. I always thought folks were wimps talking about back pain till one day at work I turned wrong. A pain shot thru my back and my knees buckled. I have an all new respect for back pain now.

    Hate to hear you are hurting. I think Squid is right. I do that when my back hurts. It seens to help a bit.

    I hate to drive with one hip cocked up to ease the pain. Hope you feel better soon.

    Wow that race was different wernt it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The X hurt his back years ago, and he always whined and complained about the pain. I never had any sympathy. Wow. What a bitch I was. This pain is awful.

    What a race, no kidding. A great one.

    ReplyDelete