Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Today, my Dad could have been a NASCAR driver

This…

…is what my VISA card looks like.

On my way home from work today, I had to run a few errands, one of which required me to hand my card to the cashier. She looked at it, swiped it through her little machine, looked at it again, and said, “Is that your dad?” as she was handing it back to me. Um, hindsight is always 20/20, and had I thought about it at the time, I totally would have told her, “Yeah. My dad is a NASCAR driver”, cause that’s much more exciting than saying, “My dad worked for Lockheed Martin Skunk Works before he retired”. And I probably would have had her convinced if I could have pointed out my license plate. Haha.

Some people just don’t know, and today, that was just fine with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment